What is career counselling?
Do you need career counselling to end up in your dream job? Maybe you’re feeling uncertain about where you want to go. Or else you’re in a position that you no longer find challenging. Whatever the case, you can contact us for a free preliminary meeting, where we can offer our honest advice and help you clarify your goals.
Our career counselling process is structured and based on your professional and personal competences, expectations and preferences. This enables you to identify your ideal position and company to work in.
Our Executive service offers you an open-ended process where we advise and support you until you have landed your dream job, regardless of how long that may take.
What you get out of a counselling process
- Concretisation, analysis and clarification of personal, social and professional competences, including organisational, managerial and strategic competences.
- Time, prioritisation, motivation, choice, consequence and change – new perspectives.
- Identification of your strengths, weaknesses, values and success stories.
- Preparation of a personal profile and executive summary (additional fee applies).
- A strategy and plan for your future career and working life.
- Preparation of a professional and targeted CV and LinkedIn profile.
- Insight into, specific handling and qualitative use of networks and social media, including specifically LinkedIn.
- Identification of companies and positions with values and a corporate culture that match the candidate’s.
- Job-seeking channels and job-seeking market, including recruitment agencies and headhunters, job portals, networks and job agents.
- Personal meeting with a Holmgaard Management headhunter.
- Creation of targeted and individual applications that yield results, both solicited and unsolicited, and identification of situational positions and applications. Video applications and contact by phone.
- Interview prepping, presentation training, interview techniques and test preparation.
- Exercises, specific tools and home assignments.
- Access to sparring between meetings.
Each process is adapted to the needs of the individual, and we alternate between coaching and counselling. We work in-depth with the candidate’s aspirations, opportunities and identification of competences, and we provide professional and expert sparring, constructive critique and support throughout the process. Our approach is structured, focused and action & results-oriented without compromising on the process itself.
CFO, Lars Berg
Many thanks to Holmgaard Management for a structured and good process with a strong focus on development and results. The collaboration with both Mette and Lars has been very useful. I can highly recommend Holmgaard Management.
For many years I have always had a job and for an uninterrupted number of years I took care of this myself. After a period away from Denmark and thus from my network, I chose after a good job to give myself the chance to become even sharper on my profile and job search. I have not acknowledged age, but I must respect that it is a fact. Therefore, I chose to contact Holmgaard Management and Mette Bøttger for help. It was definitely a really good decision. Mette Bøttger is an open, listening and direct person, very focused on sparring. After the first session came covid19. It resulted in the closed job market. So a new strategy: Sharp profile. More job interviews! And before my last session at the end of May, I had a new job as CFO! And a new board post !. In the covid19 period. It was great!
CFO, Lars Berg
Birgitte, Project Lead, International Pharmaceutical Company
“Dear Mette, a lot has happened since we were together. I have often thought about the course I had with you and that I was really surprised when I think that I have actually achieved the things I wanted with the course. It gives me a big sense of strength to think that with your help, by expressing in words and going on I was able to fulfil the goals I had set for myself. As for the job, I got the promotion I wanted – I was formally recognized, got a new contract and a significant wage increase. At the same time, I also found a new path that I needed to follow, the more humane one. – One of the courses, I have benefited the most from, has been the course I had with you.”
Steffen, who wishes anonymity
Holmgaard Management has been a great partner to spar with in my career development course. They have an eye for the uniqueness of the individual, and thus there is no standard program – only individual solutions that work ”.
“I have clarified my competencies, my job wishes and my development opportunities. As an example of how effective they are, it should be mentioned that, within the same month as my Linkedin profile was updated, I was contacted by head-hunters from six different countries
Hanne Ponsaing Bing, HR-Partner, SDC
I have had the opportunity and pleasure of having Mette as my personal job coach to help me searching for the right job position. I only have the best recommendation of Mette’s skills and expertise to provide the right guidance. A combination off Mette’s empathetic skills and professional approach made me realize my very best potential and motivation. Mette is very professional and she has very special gifts and skills.
Career counselling focused on you
Our career counsellor can help you clarify and identify what positions are suited to your needs, competences and preferences. We work on the basis of your goals, aspirations and perspective. Our career counselling meetings provide you with valuable tools you can use to gain insight into who you are, what you are capable of and what you want.
We consider it important to see opportunities instead of limitations. That’s why our focus is on leveraging all your strengths. We build up your professional self-confidence to ensure you can meet new challenges head-on. We then match you with positions from our network.