What is career counselling?
Do you need career counselling to end up in your dream job? Maybe you’re feeling uncertain about where you want to go. Or else you’re in a position that you no longer find challenging. Whatever the case, you can contact us for a free preliminary meeting, where we can offer our honest advice and help you clarify your goals.
Our career counselling process is structured and based on your professional and personal competences, expectations and preferences. This enables you to identify your ideal position and company to work in.
Our Executive service offers you an open-ended process where we advise and support you until you have landed your dream job, regardless of how long that may take.
What you get out of a counselling process
- Concretisation, analysis and clarification of personal, social and professional competences, including organisational, managerial and strategic competences.
- Time, prioritisation, motivation, choice, consequence and change – new perspectives.
- Identification of your strengths, weaknesses, values and success stories.
- Preparation of a personal profile and executive summary (additional fee applies).
- A strategy and plan for your future career and working life.
- Preparation of a professional and targeted CV and LinkedIn profile.
- Insight into, specific handling and qualitative use of networks and social media, including specifically LinkedIn.
- Identification of companies and positions with values and a corporate culture that match the candidate’s.
- Job-seeking channels and job-seeking market, including recruitment agencies and headhunters, job portals, networks and job agents.
- Personal meeting with a Holmgaard Management headhunter.
- Creation of targeted and individual applications that yield results, both solicited and unsolicited, and identification of situational positions and applications. Video applications and contact by phone.
- Interview prepping, presentation training, interview techniques and test preparation.
- Exercises, specific tools and home assignments.
- Access to sparring between meetings.
Each process is adapted to the needs of the individual, and we alternate between coaching and counselling. We work in-depth with the candidate’s aspirations, opportunities and identification of competences, and we provide professional and expert sparring, constructive critique and support throughout the process. Our approach is structured, focused and action & results-oriented without compromising on the process itself.
Career counselling focused on you
Our career counsellor can help you clarify and identify what positions are suited to your needs, competences and preferences. We work on the basis of your goals, aspirations and perspective. Our career counselling meetings provide you with valuable tools you can use to gain insight into who you are, what you are capable of and what you want.
We consider it important to see opportunities instead of limitations. That’s why our focus is on leveraging all your strengths. We build up your professional self-confidence to ensure you can meet new challenges head-on. We then match you with positions from our network.